- AHIMA Certified ICD-10 Trainer — June, 2011
- Certified Obstetrics and Gynecology Coder (COBGC) — December, 2008
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) — November, 2004
- Superior writing qualifications: I am responsible for writing the Ob-gyn Coding Alert, a national medical coding newsletter. This includes researching medical procedures, anatomy, and releases (ICD-9/CPT codes, National Correct Coding Initiative edits) from the American Medical Association (AMA). My articles break down complicated coding issues into a readable, instructional format. This is the top earning publication, and I sustain a high renewal rate.
- Research/audience knowledge: I have written for the cardiology, otolaryngology, physical medicine and rehab, gastroenterology, orthopedic, neurology, and neurosurgery specialties. I’ve interviewed medical professionals and answered subscriber coding questions.
- Project management: I am accountable for both The Coding Institute/Supercoder.com’s ICD-10 specialty specific books and an e-learning platform, which includes coordinating with fellow editors, layout specialists, quality assurance personnel, illustrators, and marketing representatives.
- Communication: I have built credibility, established rapport, and maintained communication with consultants, physicians, conference speakers, subscribers, and potential clients.
Would you like to know more? Email me at email@example.com.